Information we may collect from you
Some of the services on this website allow you to send us an email. We will use the information you provide, such as email address, address, phone number, only to respond to your inquiry. Keep in mind that email transmissions are not encrypted by default, so we suggest you do not send sensitive information such as Social Security numbers, credit card numbers, or bank account information via such contact forms.
When purchasing Delma products or services and such information is required, it will be via a web page that clearly states the page and its transmission of information is secure and encrypted. All electronic messages received from visitors are deleted when no longer needed.
How we use collected information
We may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the best way for you and for your device.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or that we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To improve customer service and for relationship management. Information collected helps us respond to your requests and support your needs more efficiently.
- To manage and improve the Website and our services. We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To send periodic emails that may include company news, product or after-sales services information or satisfaction surveys.
- To respond to your inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
- To handle orders, accounts, sales, delivery, warranty, aftersales, billing, accounting and financing.
- To manage legal or financial transaction, issues, claims.
- To issue reports and statistics, including measuring Website data traffic.
- To comply with laws and regulations.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the Websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these Websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these Websites.
Third Party Services
Delma uses social media plug-ins and third-party websites. We use those third-party services to interact with visitors and to build our community on social media. We also use these third-party services to measure the number of visitors to our website, and to make our website more useful to visitors.
In such cases, the third-party application may request an email address, username, password, internet protocol (IP) address, and geographic location for account registration or sign-in purposes. Delma does not use those third-party websites or services to collect personal information from individuals. Any personal information collected by the third-party website will not be stored or transmitted by Delma. Delma has no control over or access to specific login information or any other sensitive personal information provided to third-party websites.
Delma collects and temporarily stores certain information about your visit to help us to better align our content and the website design with your needs. The information these cookies collect includes:
- The domain you access our website from
- Your computer’s IP address
- The date and time you accessed the site
- The operating system of your computer
- The browser you’re using to access our site
- The Universal Resource Locators (URLs) of the pages you visit on our website
- The URL of site you came from, if you clicked a link there that brought you to our website
We may share this information internally with Delma employees or third-party contractors as needed. This information is only used to improve the website and enhance our visitors’ experience.
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc to gather anonymous statistical and analytical information about how users use our Website to measure audience. These analytics are not used to track your journey to other websites or to identify you. The information generated by the Google Analytics cookies about your use of the Website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. You may opt-out of Google Analytics cookies, please visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout or block these cookies along with other cookies by adjusting the settings of your web browser.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically but allow you to disable them. The settings menu on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies all together. You can also disable or delete cookies you have previously accepted if you wish to do so.
We recommend that you allow cookies from our Website so that we can offer you a better experience on the Website. If you set your browser to block all cookies, you may not be able to access parts of the Website. We have set certain cookies on your device and recommend that you agree to their use. If you do not, you may still use the Website, but certain parts may not work or may not work as well.
Delma takes the security of your personal information very seriously. We take many precautions to ensure that the information we collect is secure and inaccessible by anyone outside of our organization. These precautions include advanced access controls to limit access to that information to only internal personnel who require access to that information. We also use numerous security technologies to protect all data stored on our servers and related systems. Our security measures are regularly upgraded and tested to ensure they are effective.
We take the following specific steps to protect your information:
(1) Use internal access controls so only limited personnel have access to your information.
(2) Anyone with access to user information is trained on all relevant security and compliance policies.
(3) Servers that store visitor information are regularly backed up to protect against loss.
(4) All information is secured through modern security technologies like secure socket layer (SSL), encryption, firewalls, and secure passwords.
All access safeguards described above are in place to prevent unauthorized access by outsiders to information stored on or transmitted by our systems.
You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
(1) Ask for a list of personal information we have about you, if any.
(2) Request a change, correction, or deletion of your personal information.
(3) Request that we avoid collecting anything in the future (opt-out).
You can exercise that right at any time by contacting us at Delma Watch Ltd., Solothurnstrasse 47, 2543 Lengnau, Switzerland or https://www.delma.ch/contact.
You have the right to opt out of our mail list or unsubscribe from receiving future newsletters, by following the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you may contact us via https://www.delma.ch/contact.
If you do not wish to have cookies stored on your machine, you have the option to turn cookies off in your browser. However, keep in mind that turning off cookies may impact how this website functions. Disabling browser cookies will also impact how other websites you visit store browser cookies as well.
Whenever we collect any sensitive information (such as social security numbers or credit card information), the information is encrypted and securely transmitted. You are able to confirm this by looking for the ‘lock’ icon in the browser address bar, and also confirm that the URL link starts with ‘https.’
How to contact us
This document was last updated on April, 25 2019.